shadow
THE BUILDING:
220 Front Street was built as a row in 1798-1800 and is among the earliest structures of the district buildings. Peter Schermerhorn and Ebenezer Stevens purchased the land from William Beekman in 1795. The buildings housed Schermerhorns ship chandlery and offices for Stevens shipping fleet and liquor importing business. The row was altered by 1858 reflecting the influence of the Greek Revival style and in 2005 was restored in 2005 by Yarrow LLC.

THE BAR:
Sandy and Calli have lived in the neighborhood and have been in the restaurant and bar business for many years. When this space became available, they thought is was a perfect opportunity to pursue their interest in Italian wines and create a sophisticated and comfortable neighborhood establishment. Bin No. 220 opened in April 2006 and has become a local fixture, incorporating the history of the neighborhood while giving it a fresh and friendly twist.
220 FRONT STREET / NEW YORK, NY / 212.374.WINE (9463)
shadow